A DIVERSITY RECRUITMENT PartnerChelsea Publc Schools
Chelsea Public Schools is a gateway school system that welcomes and educates ALL students and families
Chelsea Public Schools is a diverse public school district just north of Boston, Massachusetts. Teachers, administrators, and support staff, from pre-kindergarten through grade twelve are dedicated to providing Chelsea students with a Bridge to Success, a commitment that ALL students will achieve at high levels, think critically, and graduate from our school system college and career ready.
— Superintendent, Mary Bourque
Student Success is our job and we will do whatever it takes
*All Children can learn
* The life and mind of every student are precious and it is our job to take students from where they are to where they need to be
* Results matter more than intentions and it is the job to of all adults in the community to help children achieve academic success, high aspirations and the skill they need to be successful
* The diversity of our school community ( race, ethnicity, ability and socioeconomic status) is a source of strength and resource for all education of all learners
Teach. Learn. Love.
Given the appropriate level of ELL support, all English language learners will develop the social skills and fundamental academic English language proficiency to meet their grade level benchmarks. All students will work toward attaining a proficient level or above on state achievement standards and academic assessments for their grade. In classroom climates that respect diversity, the program participants will be prepared for general education classes, college and career by having:
- 21st Century Skills
- High Aspirations
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Culturally Responsive Teaching
Culture is central to learning. It plays a role not only in communicating and receiving information, but also in shaping the thinking process of groups and individuals. A pedagogy that acknowledges, responds to, and celebrates fundamental cultures offers full, equitable access to education for students from all cultures.
Chelsea Community Schools, under the City of Chelsea Recreation & Cultural Affairs Division, provides year-round recreation and continuing education programs to the residents of Chelsea. Each season, hundreds of individuals participate in our classes and dozens of community organizations use our city’s state-of the-art public school facilities. Since 1996, CCS, operated by the City of Chelsea’s Department of Health and Human Services in collaboration with the Chelsea Public Schools, has been evolving in response to the diverse and changing needs of our community.
Equity and Cultural Responsiveness
As a part of the Office of Professional Learning and Family Engagement, The Equity and Cultural Responsiveness (ECR) team provides division wide support in implementing culturally responsive practices for all stakeholders of Fairfax County Public Schools.
- All decisions will be grounded in what is in the best interests of students.
- The life and mind of every student are precious and it is our job to take students from where they are to where they need to be.
- Results matter more than intentions and it is the job of all the adults in the community to help children achieve academic success, high aspirations and the skills they need to be successful.
- The diversity of our school community (race, ethnicity, ability and socioeconomic status) is a source of strength and a resources for the education of all learners.
Our Mission & Goal
Our mission is to welcome and educate ALL students. We regard the rich diversity of our community as a wonderful asset. We work hard to create excellent schools and strong educational programs that value this diversity by building on every student’s strengths, meeting the unique needs of each learner, and drawing on families’ cultural and linguistic heritage.
Our goal is to ensure that all of our students graduate with the skills, confidence, and habits of mind they need to be successful in college, career, and life.
Get In Touch
Chelsea Public Schools
500 Broadway, City Hall Room 216
Chelsea, Massachusetts 02150
School Hours: M-F: 8am – 3pm
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Chelsea Public Schools District is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, appointing, assigning, training, evaluation and promoting personnel on the basis of merit and qualifications, without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, religious affiliation, age, ancestry, marital status, handicapping conditions, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other applicable unlawful discriminatory standards. (Title VI & Title VII of Civil Rights Act of 1964. Title VII & Title VIII of the Public Health Services Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as well as other relevant federal and state laws).