School District of Indian River County
A DIVERSITY RECRUITMENT memberServing all students with excellence.
The School District of Indian River County is located approximately halfway down the east coast of Florida. Centrally located 75 miles south of the Kennedy Space Center and 135 miles north of Miami, our 543 square miles contain beautiful beaches, immaculate ocean and river front communities, and endless groves of renowned Indian River oranges and grapefruits.
Come Work With Us!
The School District of Indian River County is nestled beside the Atlantic Ocean, halfway down the east coast of Florida. If you want to work as part of a vibrant, collaborative, and innovative team of educators, we invite you to join our team of dedicated educators.
DIVERSITY & EQUITY
Our ESOL Program
The primary goal of the ESOL program is to develop as effectively and efficiently as possible, each child’s English language proficiency and academic potential. It should also provide positive reinforcement of the self-image and esteem of participating students, promote cross-cultural understanding, and provide equal educational opportunities.
Migrant Education Program
The Migrant Education Program is a federally funded program that provides supplemental educational and support services to eligible migrant children.
Who is eligible for the program?
You or your children, 3 to 21 years old, may be eligible to receive the following services if you or your family moved within the last 36 months in order to seek temporary or seasonal employment in qualifying agricultural, dairy, or fishing work.
The Migrant Education Programmay offer some of the following services:
- Bilingual personnel to help students in school and facilitate home-school communication
- Help and support in enrolling children in school
- Extended Learning Opportunities (after school/ summer school)
- Early Learning/ Pre-School Opportunities
- English as a second language support
- Parent resources
- Family engagement activities
- Social services/ Community–based agencies referrals
- Portable Assisted Study Sequence (PASS) – enables students to make up or earn extra credits (highs chool)
If you believe your child(ren) may be eligible for the support provided by the Migrant Education Program, contact José Blanco, Migrant Parent Specialist, at (772) 564-5974; or Karen Malits, Director of Federal Programs, at (772) 564-3096.
Core Values…We believe:
- It is our responsibility to empower every child to learn
- In the continuous improvement process
- In holding all individuals within the organization accountable for their decisions and actions
- In the power of the human spirit
- In honesty and integrity in all relationships
- Diversity adds value to the organization
- Students are the focus of all decisions and actions
- Family and community involvement are essential to student success
- In a safe, healthy, and supportive learning and working environment
In effective and efficient management of all resources
Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission: To serve all students with excellence
Our Vision: Educate and inspire every student to be successful
School District of Indian River County
6500 57th StreetVero Beach, FL 32967
Leading with integrity . . . . We lead with integrity. Truth, fairness and respect guide every decision we make.
United in purpose . . . . We’re all on the same team. Every employee, at every level, in every department works toward the same mission – to provide every student with individual opportunities to excel.
Committed to excellence! — We’re committed to excellence. We embrace innovation, monitor progress, focus on results, and make every day and every effort better than the last.
Teacher Starting Salary
Location: 6500 57th StreetVero Beach, FL 32967
School Hours: M-F: 8am – 3pm
“The Board will provide a reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual who has an actual disability or who has a record of a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the District’s program and/or activities. A reasonable accommodation is not necessarily required for an individual who is merely regarded as having a disability.” Board Policy 1122.01