DIVERSITY RECRUITMENT MEMBER
The Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS) is a publicly funded school that focuses on math and science. This academically demanding middle and high school educates 560 scholars in grades 6–12. Our school day runs from 8:00 -3:00, Monday through Friday.
In accordance with the charter school model, CCSMS is run by an annually elected Board of Directors comprised of parents and community members.
CCSMS provides a STEM focused education in a culturally diverse and experiential learning environment. We believe every child can reach their potential with the support of compassionate adults, so we’ve created a school to nurture and engage different types of learners and thinkers. Our community offers small class sizes and pioneering instructional approaches to shape innovators and forward-thinking leaders. Charleston Charter School for Math and Science is closing opportunity and achievement gaps and we are committed to preparing our students for 21st century careers.
DIVERSITY & EQUITY
CCSMS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CCSMS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- We are a public school sponsored by Charleston County School District serving 560 6th through 12 grade scholars.
- 3rd highest graduation rate in the District and recognized nationally for our unique opportunities for scholars.
- We are members of the SC State Retirement System/PEBA.
- Our employees are offered the same health and dental benefits through the Charleston County School District.
- Our employees can enroll in life insurance for themselves and their families.
- We follow the same academic calendar as Charleston County School District.
- Our salary schedule is competitive with the Low Country region’s school districts and we provide opportunities for additional income for teacher leader roles and extra curricular activities.
- We hire with our mission in mind every time and we are always looking for team members who share our values.
The Mission of Charleston Math and Science is to educate students for success in college and careers by providing an innovative learning environment that is academically excellent, developmentally responsive, and socially equitable.
Executive Principal & CEO
In accordance with the charter school model, CCSMS is run by an annually elected Board of Directors comprised of parents and community members. The Board is responsible for governance issues such as budget oversight and policy. The Executive Principal is responsible for day to day administration and implementing policies adopted by the Board.
Teachers & Staff
Teacher Starting Salary
Location: 1002 King Street, Charleston, SC 29403
Telephone: (843) 720-3085
School Hours: M-F: 8am – 3pm