DIVERSITY & EQUITY IN EDUCATION
2020-21 Campaign Partner
Aspen Academy in Greenwood Village, Colorado, is is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that supports “Cultural Competence” by promoting respect and understanding of diverse cultures, social groups, and individuals. To achieve this commitment, we develop and maintain a high-performing workforce that improves outcomes for students, families, individual team members and our community; deliver culturally responsive services; and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve today and in the future. Cultural Competence is integrated into the overall organizational culture and ongoing business and programs.
We believe that an organization that prioritizes diversity, equity and inclusion creates an environment that respects and values individual difference along varying dimensions.
A Motivational Short
The quality of being friendlt, generous, and considerate.
- Support, coach and ensure 100% Anti-Bias and Social Justice integration across all cultural dimensions in units of study by 2024, Curriculum Audit, Internal Leveraging of Partnership with Future Holders Program
- Conduct internal audit across program and non-program aspects of school community
- 20% of applicants self-identify as candidates of diversity
- 28% of families engage in anti-bias and social justice community education and discussion. Build and roll-out DEI Website and monitor traffic by parents to website and access to resources through website. Conduct annual Inclusive Community Conversations. Promote blog with DEI learning opportunities. Parent University programming for 20-21 (to date): How to Be an Ally with Rosalind Wiseman
- 5% enrollment increase of Students of Color and 95% retention of Students of Color. Collaboration with Aspen Academy Admissions Office to engage community partnerships
- 5% growth in IDI scores for staff
- Continue student Affinity Groups and launch Faculty and Parent Affinity Groups
Our Culture, Diversity & Equity
- • Annual DEI Professional Development, presentations, workshops, book clubs.
- Created role and hired Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Faculty Engagement through DEI Faculty Facilitator Group that facilitates workshops, leads book clubs and facilitated a year-long cohort program with all staff.
- Increase in number of Faculty and Administrators of Color, both hired and retained.
- Increased Racial Diversity on the Aspen Academy Board.
- Hosted Teaching Tolerance Workshop for Denver Area Schools at Aspen Academy.
- Hosted Anti-Defamation League Student Curricular Program for Students in grades 3-8.
- Community Partnership with Moonshot Partner Schools.
- Funded Professional Development for DEI Director to attend Summer Diversity Leadership Institute.
- Our entire staff has completed the IDI (Intercultural Development Inventory), including individual debriefs and whole team trainings since 2017. Our parent community has also been invited to participate in the IDI, with over 30 participating in the first year.
Be part of a team focused on cultivating excellence in academic achievement, character and leadership development, and community strength and service. Faculty and staff at Aspen Academy are encouraged to collaborate with their colleagues in designing multidisciplinary lessons and projects for their students.
We are committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. We welcome employment inquiries throughout the year, and we invite you to consider growing with us.
We believe education is on the verge of looking very different, and we’re looking for inspired leaders who are willing to be a part of the change. Aspen Academy offers:
- A collaborative, values-driven environment: Be Kind. Do Good. Work Hard. Make the World Better. Our community thrives with people committed to these values and we’re serious about making the world better: one student at a time. We’ve developed an inclusive and accepting community where our staff and faculty feel empowered to create learning that engages students emotionally and intellectually. Our team takes risks and embraces the growth mindset, celebrates diverse backgrounds and perspectives and is committed to social responsibility.
- Focus on transforming what education looks like: In addition to our focus on character development and leadership, we created a first-of-its-kind financial literacy and entrepreneurship program taught from Kindergarten through 8th grade that includes: economics, personal financial literacy, innovation, and entrepreneurship. (Imagine the difference it makes when students learn about their strengths, how to collaborate with others, and the basics of personal finance in kindergarten?)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: In 2005, Aspen Academy was founded by three women who had attended public schools, and wanted to give children an opportunity to learn and grow by focusing not only on what they know, but who they are — kindness is our one rule.
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience and job responsibilities
- Paid professional development
- Robust health, wellness and benefits programs
- Aspen Academy tuition assistance for the children of faculty and staff
- And more…
Equal Opportunity at Aspen Academy
Aspen Academy is a community that values and celebrates differences in learning, culture, race, ethnic origin, religion, sex, physical abilities, sexual orientation and gender identity. Because of these values, no student will be denied any educational opportunity or subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, gender identity, physical abilities or any other legally protected class. To read full policy please click here.
5859 S University Blvd Greenwood Village, CO 80121