DIVERSITY & EQUITY IN EDUCATION
2020-21 Campaign Partner
Ranked in the top 85 among the nation’s top graduate schools of education by U.S. News & World Report (2020), the School of Education, at the University of Cincinnati, contains more than 60 full-time faculty members and serves approximately 1600 undergraduate and 700 graduate students in classrooms both on campus and online.
Housed in the College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH), the School of Education is committed to the pursuit of discovery and excellence in research, teaching, and service that addresses real world challenges and opportunities to create positive social change. We prepare students to maximize their ability to have a positive impact and to be contributing members to society. To this end, we embrace five key values:
- Innovation: exploring, discovering, and implementing new ideas, methods and applications
- Partnership: seeking out opportunities for partnership in our academic, research, and community pursuits
- Diversity: embracing and celebrating variation in styles, cultures, and disciplines
- Leadership: leading through research and by empowering individuals, communities, and organizations to evolve and facilitate change through best practices
- Support: providing an environment where faculty, staff and students thrive
We will be recruiting at the October 28, 2020 Virtual Teacher Recruitment Fair, and invite you to visit our representatives.
DIVERSITY & EQUITY STATEMENT
Be a part of a college that invests in every student’s potential and supports them as they follow their passions. Here in the School of Education, at the University of Cincinnati, we realize the impact that our students can have on our community and the world, which is why we encourage them to be empowered and become the future leaders of tomorrow. To us, education isn’t about what you can learn in the classroom – it’s about seeing the possibilities and sparking a new era of innovation and impact. Together, we are committed to creating a community built on equality and inclusion for all. Every one of our students provide a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives that contribute to a positive campus experience. The School of Education community is a supportive environment that believes a supportive and inclusive culture is one that builds upon the diverse strengths of all. We are interested in providing ways students, faculty and staff can be engaged in a diversity of thought – and transform the world.
OUR SCHOLARSHIPS & FELLOWSHIPS
List of diversity fellowships/scholarships: Learn more
- Provost Graduate Fellowship – Open to incoming PhD Students, this three year fellowship provides a full tuition scholarship and an annual stipend of $25,000.00.
- Yates Fellowship Program – Open to incoming master’s and doctoral students, this fellowship is awarded to 25 students each year. Master’s degree students receive a full tuition scholarship for two years plus a stipend. Doctoral students receive a full tuition scholarship for four years, plus stipend. $25,000.00 per doctoral student and $20,000.00 for each master’s degree student.
Online Application Process
University of Cincinnati – School of Education